A couple of months ago, I was asked to photograph some product shots for these Wise Chef Premium Onion Goggles above. As a product photographer, I get to keep the goods after I photograph them…and I have to tell you, these things have been useful. It’s one of those things you didn’t know you needed until you had them…and used them. And I use them every single day.
They’re for sale on Amazon only and the product advertises:
- ELIMINATES TEARS AND STINGING EYES- Our Onion Goggles allow you to chop and dice in Comfort
- FOAM PADDED RIMS- Allow a snug and comfortable fit while keeping those nasty vapors out.
- NOT JUST FOR CHOPPING ONIONS- These Onion Goggles are Great for gardening and cutting grass for those with allergies.
- GREAT FOR BBQ OR OPEN FIRE COOKING-Your clothes might stink but your eyes won’t sting.
- CHEF RECOMMENDED-Whether you’re a pro in a restaurant or a Mom at home, our Onion Goggles are the answer your Tear up problems!
But I’ll tell you what, being the DIYer and artist that I am, I’ve found other uses:
- PROTECTS YOUR EYES WHILE SANDING FURNITURE & WALLS (the eye part is sealed all around so no dust particles)
- PROTECTS EYES WHILE SPRAY PAINTING AND SPRAY GLUING (I often frame my own photographs and use spray glue and repaint furniture)
- WOODWORK- no sawdust or wood chips in my eyes! YES!
- PROTECTS FROM ALL EYE IRRITANTS that are messy and can potentially involve chemicals, dust, smoke, particles, or chips getting in your eyes. I’ve given these to my Dad who lives in Florida because he’s always spraying bug spray or cleaning with harsh cleaners. I can’t get him to wear a mask, so I have him at least wear these.
And according to my motorcycle enthusiast friends, these glasses/goggles are great for when you’re riding sans helmet -which I’m not a fan of, but at least they have some sort of protective gear. (Don’t the bugs still get in your mouth/teeth? YUCK)
If you have sensitive eyes and are constantly getting into messes like I am, these glasses are your new best friend. You’re welcome.