- Wise Chef Chip Clips- Available Only on Amazon: $8.95
Ziploc bags don’t cut it; let’s face it. You buy in bulk from Costco (meat, cheese, muffins, cupcakes, cookies, everything) and you still feel the need to triple saran everything and double bag just to make sure no air gets in. Your food is stale and has freezer burn in no time.Alas, no need to suffer (or curse very, very loudly). Now all you need is one bag and one of these Wise Chef Chip clips and voila! your bag is 100% sealed. I have half a loaf of sourdough bread I bought at the farmer’s market a week and a half ago in my Wise Chef Clipped Bag and that thing is still fresh. I’m amazed.
You get 12 of these bad boys per package to accommodate various sized bags but you might need a couple of packs of them this holiday season if you’re a baker and especially if you have lots of leftovers from the various dinners and parties you’re having, or going to, this holiday season (Hello, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Hanukkah).
- Cascade Cooler Beverage Totes (Available Only on Amazon): $7.95 for a Limited Time Only
If your holiday schedule is jam packed with parties like mine is for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, then you really need at least a couple of these Cascade Cooler Wine Totes (fits many regular sized glass bottle beverage bottles).
They’re padded bags (5mm Neoprene, thicker than their competitors) and they ensure your bottles don’t roll around in the car and/or break. Nothing sends more chills down my spine than expensive bottles of wine and/or liquor clanging and rolling around or breaking in the trunk, back seat, or driver’s seat. These bags keep your bottles safe.
If you’re purchasing multiple bottles of wine for parties, then you definitely need a few of these. Even if you’re not driving, the comfy handle makes sure that walking to the party with heavy bottles isn’t torturous…perfect for people who live in big cities.
And best of all…they’re only $7.95, down 68% from the original price. I don’t expect that price to last long so stock up now.
In support of small businesses this holiday season, I will feature a new product or business each week through November and into the first two weeks of December. The first product I will feature is perfect for the man or woman in your life, as a Secret Santa present, stocking stuffer, or as a regular gift for anyone with a mobile device at $17.99 -the bendable Arachno Grip Cell Phone Holder, available on Amazon (yes, on Amazon… did you know that Amazon sells products from small businesses? Yep, they sure do.)
My cell phone never has to touch a dirty surface again; it’s protected from all the nasty germy, surfaces of the world. And yes, my mommy friends are pretty hot on it, too. Every week someone is telling me how they’ve manipulated this thing into a new use. And it comes in black, white and purple (my favorite).
My Top 5 Uses So far:
1. Car Cell Phone Holder. I use it to hold my cell phone in the car as I use Google maps (Siri, lead the way!)-which I use every day. Nope, I have no sense of direction.
2. Keeps your kid quiet in the car. Hang it off the front seat head rest and you can suspend your iPhone or iPad (might need 2 if you’re using a full sized iPad) so junior or princess can watch their favorite cartoon or movie in the backseat. Perfect for road trips so nuggets stay quiet.
3. Keeps your kid quiet while potty training. My friend is trying to potty train her daughter and her daughter insisted on watching a movie instead of going potty, so what did my friend do? She put the movie on her cell phone and propped that bad boy up on the spider securely next to the toilet. Voila… quiet potty time.
4. Hands free music, chatting, and face time on the go. Wraps around handles of strollers so you can chat away while taking baby for a walk or listen to music on your cell phone. For the non-mommies like me out there, I use this to suspend my cell phone off of gym equipment at the gym. I just refuse to let my phone touch any of that dirty germy gym equipment (yes, I might be OCD).
5. Keeps your iPhone & iPad safe from wet counter tops and table tops. If you’re like me and use online recipes a lot while cooking, but always have wet counter tops (because you’re cleaning or spilling while cooking), this is ideal for keeping your iPhone or iPad dry as you consult your recipes.
Enjoy and you’re welcome!