From now through the end of January, I will be donating 50% of all profits from my Etsy Shop to St. Judes and Shriners Hospitals for children. Great excuse to both donate and decorate. Please check out my shop regularly for new pieces and share with your friends.
Click image to check each piece out and order…
Sometimes, when I go through old photos, I fall in love with one that I’d never noticed before. This is one of those photos. Happy Sunday!
Click to order prints of your size choice and canvas.
Mother’s Day is May 8th this year. That means you have all of two weeks to get your thoughtful card and gift. Luckily, I have some suggestions/ideas for you-and of course, they’re from small business owners like myself.
1. For the For the Wine Lover Mother: $15.95
If mom loves wine, then she’ll love this extra thick 5mm Insulated Neoprene 2 Bottle Sleeve. Just make sure you fill it with her favorite wines. Even better- take mom wine tasting and bring a few of these to carry your wine purchases home in. You can order them here.
2. For the #DIY & Home Cook Mom- $9.99
Did you read the article about the girl who lost her eye because glitter got into it? If you have a #DIY kind of mom then it’s your duty to get these for her. They’re marketed as onion goggles and they are wonderful at preventing tears due to onion fumes or even smoke from cooking or barbecuing. However, they are also perfect for protecting your eyes during crafting moments that involve spray-paint and/or glitter. They come in black and purple. You can order them here or click on the image above. I use mine for all #DIY projects. Of course, I have purple-my favorite color.
3. The Flower Loving Mom: Get Personal, Sentimental… 10.99+
Most moms love flowers. There are a couple of options here:
- Bring or send Mom flowers AND send her a card that you’ve designed yourself with an image of the flowers you sent her on it. You can do this on www.chattergoldstudios.com. Just click on the image of the flower you’d like to use and then add your own personal saying or poem to the card. Mom will not only get beautiful flowers for Mother’s Day but she’ll have a card to remember them by, long after the flowers have gone.
- Order merchandise with her favorite flowers on it. You can order all sorts of merchandise from www.chattergoldstudios.com with mom’s fav flower on it: jewelry boxes, T-shirts, coasters, aprons, and of course photographs or canvas prints. There are non-flower images you can use on the site, too. Just use the search bar on the site to look for images of places and things you’d like to put on your card.
4. The Tech Mom: Flexible Smartphone Holders-3 for $23.98
These Cell Phone holders are great for tech geek moms. Mold them into any shape you like. Take them with you on the go. Strap them to your stroller, bike, step machine at the gym or sit them on your office desk. Order here or click the image above to get a 3 pack including a black one, white one and purple one. I use mine to hold my smartphone in my car, one for my desk at work and one at home for when I’m following recipes in the kitchen.
5. The Etsy Mom: You Can Fine Everything for Mom on Etsy
You can find anything and everything for mom on Etsy. It’s one of the best ways to support artists and small business. I’ve put together a treasury here for you to order from. When in doubt, you can also get mom a gift certificate to Etsy, too!
I was at the @VonLintelLA Gallery last night, enjoying the nature inspired work of British born artist Susan Derges. Her images are created without a camera, quite photogram-like, including the shadows that occur in nature, among the trees and water under moonlight. Fascinating and inspiring work…and reminiscent of a series I started in 1999 but with an urban New York twist.
The museums that are lucky enough feature her work are the Met in NYC, the San Francisco Museum and the Albert & Victoria museum in London. Go see their collections if you can. If you are in LA, go see her work at Von Lintel gallery while they’re on display.
Here’s one of the images of the NYC series I began in 1999. Dreamy yellow toned images of NYC shot with film and my Canon AE-1. Yes, I cheated a little…I used a camera 😉
This and others in my series are available for purchase -just click on the image above or peruse my website here.
Just in time for Halloween.
Click image or here to order print, canvas, metal print, T-shirt, tile or postcard of this image.