One of my favorite portrait photos to remind you that Mother’s Day is just a week away. I love nothing more than photographing a mother and child-is there a greater love?
Want to give Mom something special? Why not book a photo session with her so you have a memory that will last forever? If you’re in the Los Angeles area, you can schedule a session with me through my website www.chattergoldstudios.com.
Not in the Los Angeles area? I’m sure there are many fantastic photographers in your area. Thank goodness for Google! Support small business in your area.
Mother’s Day is May 8th this year. That means you have all of two weeks to get your thoughtful card and gift. Luckily, I have some suggestions/ideas for you-and of course, they’re from small business owners like myself.
1. For the For the Wine Lover Mother: $15.95
If mom loves wine, then she’ll love this extra thick 5mm Insulated Neoprene 2 Bottle Sleeve. Just make sure you fill it with her favorite wines. Even better- take mom wine tasting and bring a few of these to carry your wine purchases home in. You can order them here.
2. For the #DIY & Home Cook Mom- $9.99
Did you read the article about the girl who lost her eye because glitter got into it? If you have a #DIY kind of mom then it’s your duty to get these for her. They’re marketed as onion goggles and they are wonderful at preventing tears due to onion fumes or even smoke from cooking or barbecuing. However, they are also perfect for protecting your eyes during crafting moments that involve spray-paint and/or glitter. They come in black and purple. You can order them here or click on the image above. I use mine for all #DIY projects. Of course, I have purple-my favorite color.
3. The Flower Loving Mom: Get Personal, Sentimental… 10.99+
Most moms love flowers. There are a couple of options here:
- Bring or send Mom flowers AND send her a card that you’ve designed yourself with an image of the flowers you sent her on it. You can do this on www.chattergoldstudios.com. Just click on the image of the flower you’d like to use and then add your own personal saying or poem to the card. Mom will not only get beautiful flowers for Mother’s Day but she’ll have a card to remember them by, long after the flowers have gone.
- Order merchandise with her favorite flowers on it. You can order all sorts of merchandise from www.chattergoldstudios.com with mom’s fav flower on it: jewelry boxes, T-shirts, coasters, aprons, and of course photographs or canvas prints. There are non-flower images you can use on the site, too. Just use the search bar on the site to look for images of places and things you’d like to put on your card.
4. The Tech Mom: Flexible Smartphone Holders-3 for $23.98
These Cell Phone holders are great for tech geek moms. Mold them into any shape you like. Take them with you on the go. Strap them to your stroller, bike, step machine at the gym or sit them on your office desk. Order here or click the image above to get a 3 pack including a black one, white one and purple one. I use mine to hold my smartphone in my car, one for my desk at work and one at home for when I’m following recipes in the kitchen.
5. The Etsy Mom: You Can Fine Everything for Mom on Etsy
You can find anything and everything for mom on Etsy. It’s one of the best ways to support artists and small business. I’ve put together a treasury here for you to order from. When in doubt, you can also get mom a gift certificate to Etsy, too!
As I mentioned in previous posts, many small businesses sell on Amazon. This just happens to be one of my favorite new products: the new Cascade Cooler Wine tote, only found on Amazon. It covers all bases for mothers and keeping my wine chilled:
- KEEPS WINE CHILLED FOR HOURS: Whether you’re at a BBQ or in the car, this insulated tote keeps 2 bottles of wine cold for up to 5 hours without ice.
- PREVENTS MESSY BOTTLE BREAKAGE: Transport your glass bottles without the fear of them breaking and spilling everywhere-even during bumpy car rides! (I don’t know about you, but I’ve had to stop the car because of wine bottles rolling around in my trunk. NOT cool).
- NOT JUST FOR WINE: This tote is perfect for carrying cold beer, sports drinks, water bottles, baby bottles, and more. Also great for stashing snacks!
- THICKER MATERIAL: This tote is made from 5mm neoprene instead of 3mm like the competitors, so it offers superior shock absorbency. Not cheap or flimsy. (don’t be fooled by the others on Amazon. This one is quality).
- EASY TO CARRY AND STORE: The convenient handle makes our tote easy to carry, even when your arms are full. It also folds up small for simple storage. (it’s super comfortable while carrying it, too, especially if you’re carrying water bottles or walking far).
Bring this wine tote (filled with wine) to your Mother’s Day picnic on the beach or in the garden and watch Mom’s smile light up. I’ve already bought 2 of these things-can’t live without it this summer! Click on the photo or any of the urls to order.