Mother’s Day is May 8th this year. That means you have all of two weeks to get your thoughtful card and gift. Luckily, I have some suggestions/ideas for you-and of course, they’re from small business owners like myself.
1. For the For the Wine Lover Mother: $15.95
If mom loves wine, then she’ll love this extra thick 5mm Insulated Neoprene 2 Bottle Sleeve. Just make sure you fill it with her favorite wines. Even better- take mom wine tasting and bring a few of these to carry your wine purchases home in. You can order them here.
2. For the #DIY & Home Cook Mom- $9.99
Did you read the article about the girl who lost her eye because glitter got into it? If you have a #DIY kind of mom then it’s your duty to get these for her. They’re marketed as onion goggles and they are wonderful at preventing tears due to onion fumes or even smoke from cooking or barbecuing. However, they are also perfect for protecting your eyes during crafting moments that involve spray-paint and/or glitter. They come in black and purple. You can order them here or click on the image above. I use mine for all #DIY projects. Of course, I have purple-my favorite color.
3. The Flower Loving Mom: Get Personal, Sentimental… 10.99+
Most moms love flowers. There are a couple of options here:
- Bring or send Mom flowers AND send her a card that you’ve designed yourself with an image of the flowers you sent her on it. You can do this on www.chattergoldstudios.com. Just click on the image of the flower you’d like to use and then add your own personal saying or poem to the card. Mom will not only get beautiful flowers for Mother’s Day but she’ll have a card to remember them by, long after the flowers have gone.
- Order merchandise with her favorite flowers on it. You can order all sorts of merchandise from www.chattergoldstudios.com with mom’s fav flower on it: jewelry boxes, T-shirts, coasters, aprons, and of course photographs or canvas prints. There are non-flower images you can use on the site, too. Just use the search bar on the site to look for images of places and things you’d like to put on your card.
These Cell Phone holders are great for tech geek moms. Mold them into any shape you like. Take them with you on the go. Strap them to your stroller, bike, step machine at the gym or sit them on your office desk. Order here or click the image above to get a 3 pack including a black one, white one and purple one. I use mine to hold my smartphone in my car, one for my desk at work and one at home for when I’m following recipes in the kitchen.
You can find anything and everything for mom on Etsy. It’s one of the best ways to support artists and small business. I’ve put together a treasury here for you to order from. When in doubt, you can also get mom a gift certificate to Etsy, too!
(Somewhere in the 90’s)
A different moment
lights your soul
for a little while,
But the flame only burns
When his smile
In front of you
Inhibitions let go
And you are his
And he is yours
And there is no one
In the world.
Friend, our closeness is this:
anywhere you put your foot, feel me
in the firmness under you.
How is it with this love,
I see your world and not you?
Listen to the Presences inside poems,
let them take you where they will.
Follow those private hints,
and never leave the premises.
When it’s cold and raining,
you are more beautiful.
And the snow brings me
even closer to your lips.
The inner secret, that which was never born,
you are that freshness, and I am with you now.
I can’t explain the goings,
or the comings. You enter suddenly,
and I am nowhere again.
Inside the majesty.